Our Little One!

Our Little One!
Baking Cookies with Grandma!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine's Day Card for My Hubby!


I bought the Sweethearts cartridge lately (when Michael's had their crazy $9.99 cartridge sale I was able to get Joann's to price match AND use my teacher's discount)!  I absolutely loved this little monkey and knew it would be so cute on a card for my hubby for Valentine's Day!  The vine, leaf, and sentiment are also on the Sweethearts cartridge.  I used the Gypsy to resize the leaf to fit in the space on my card.  I haven't decided if I'll stamp a sentiment or write my own.  I'm thinking the inside has to have bananas though!

I used the Love Language Cuttlebug embossing folder/die set.  I love how it looks like Swiss Dots but with hearts!  I ran an ink pad over gently to make the hearts pop.  I also used Stardust Stickles on the heart and Uniball Signo and Sakura Gelly Roll gel pens for detailing.  I decided last minute that I needed to trace over the lines the Cricut cuts - it looked odd to me without it. 

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Sweethearts had these cuts on it! I need to look at it now!

    Zooballoo only has one cat on it but I cut it the "normal" way and then the blackout mode- so it looked slightly different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I loved your card. I am from Brazil... kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute..I love that little monkey...I love the cuttlebug folder you used..I think need to try and find it :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Your DH will adore this. I love the embossed hearts. How did I miss this folder??? Ordering it now is too late for the Valentine's Day use. TFS, Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!