Our Little One!

Our Little One!
Baking Cookies with Grandma!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Cards



A little last minute, but I made cards for my mom and grandmother today for Mother's Day!  

The hummingbird is from Give a Hoot.  I looked into what types of hummingbirds live in Virginia (where my family lives) and then tried to recreate the ruby-throated hummingbird.  I just cut the body in three different colors, using glitter paper that cut beautifully with my baby bug!  The patterned paper was just some I had in my stash.  The vines are also from Give a Hoot, welded with my Gypsy.  I cut the frame from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge.  The stamp is from See D's that I picked up a while ago at Pat Catan's.  I used the Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug folder for the background.  My mom has several hummingbird feeders and is really excited to see them in her yard!  Her Mother's Day gift has a hummingbird theme also!

My grandmother's card is pretty simple.  I used a Darice embossing folder called Scrolls.  The paper is Core'dinations from the White Wash collection.  I love how this paper looks sanded!  The Grandma saying came from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge.  I added some adhesive rhinestones to the flower centers.

ETA - I talked to my mom, and she said my grandmother loved the card!  She has dementia and has a really hard time communicating.  My mom said that my grandmother went back to get the card to show my mom the first second she saw her.  I'm so happy she liked it! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen ... I love your blog and have a blog award for you over on my blog ..... check out this post: http://twochicsandacricut.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-award.html

    I'm also going to be featuring your blog on Website Wednesday Feature on June 1st - Thanks for the great blog! You do great work!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards..I linked your post about the Darcie Embossing folders on my blog post May Week 2 Thank You post..I got me some of the Darcie embossing folders..I really like them. I linked you cause I heard about them from you first. :)

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!