Our Little One!

Our Little One!
Baking Cookies with Grandma!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day Cards!

I had so much fun making cards for my Dad and Grandfather!

For my Dad's card I used the car and phrase from the Holiday Cakes cartridge.  I used a Uniball Signo white gel pen for some detailing, and a transparency as the windshield.  I used foam adhesive to pop up both.  For the background I used my Cuttlebug and the Diamond Plate embossing folder - with aluminum foil!  I adhered the foil to cardstock first before running it through.  I had originally planned to use twine on the front of the card, but forgot and adhered the background to the front of the card with my ATG.  (Once it's stuck, it's not moving!)




For my Grandfather's card I use the duck, pond, and cattails from the Give a Hoot cartridge.  I embossed the pond with the D'vine Swirls folder and then used Glossy Accents to make it look more like water.  It was my first time using Glossy Accents!  I had trouble with the layers of the cattails (tearing every time I cut the top layer). I gave up and just used gel pens to color in the cattails. The clouds are from Pooh and Friends.  I used a Studio G stamp and brown ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!