Our Little One!

Our Little One!
Baking Cookies with Grandma!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Anniversary Card for my Hubby


I always seem to struggle to make cards for my hubby.  This year I decided to go with something a little different.  I didn't use the Cricut at all on this card, and it came together pretty quickly (which it had to since I was working while my daughter was napping...)

I used a summer DCWV 4x6 stack from several years ago that I had in my stash.  I used a few different color stickles to bling out the fireworks, and on the heart on the stamped image.  The image is a Heidi Grace rubber stamp from a set I've had forever.  I used some Darice baker's twine also.

The fireworks I thought could have two meanings.  First, how I feel about my hubby on our 8th anniversary!  It also reminds me of all of the fabulous fireworks dispays we've seen together.  My favorite?  We had a late dinner at Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World a few years ago.  It was the only time available.  I was a little bummed at first, but loved to be able to watch the fireworks outside from our table!  The stamp reminds me of the statue in Philadelphia - which is where we were when I thought I was pregnant in 2011.  (I took the test a few days later in Virginia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!