Our Little One!

Our Little One!
Baking Cookies with Grandma!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Card

For hubby's Valentine's Day card I scraplifted an idea I saw on Pinterest (designed by Corri Garza www.buglvr.blogspot.com).

I couldn't believe that I didn't have a hot air balloon on any cartridge I owned!  (I always check mycutsearch to see what I have.)  I've been wanting the Everyday Pop Up Cards cartridge, and when it was on sale for $19.99 I knew I had to have it for this card!

I used a Core'dinations Spotted stack for the pink for the balloon and heart, some patterned paper for the flags, and the Pooh and Friends Cricut cartridge for the clouds. The stamp is from a My Pink Stamper set.  I used baker's twine for the ropes and a small heart punch for the heart for the basket.  The card itself wasn't rounded, and I couldn't find one I liked on any of my cartridges.  I just cut around the top of the card.  It's imperfect, but I love how the card turned out!  

With the winter we're having here in Cleveland (another 3-6 inches of snow and another snow day for me!) I thought the idea of flying away somewhere warm would be perfect for hubby's card.  We should see 50 degrees by Thursday... this winter has been ridiculous!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!